Breeders Cup Traditions
Breeders Cup World Championships is the biggest two-day event in Thoroughbred Horse Racing since 2007.
The Breeders’ Cup started as a one-day event back in 1984 and had grown to a two-day event.
The Breeders’ Cup is like the Super Bowl of NFL Football or the World Series of MLB Baseball (Way to Go Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champs).
It’s when all the Grade 1 Great Athletes get together and compete for the Championships.
The Breeders’ Cup operated by the Breeders’ Cup Limited Company and held at a different Race Track each year. Only one time have the races been out of the United States which was in 1996 when it was held at Woodbine Racetrack in Canada.
Churchill Downs set the highest two-day attendance figures in 2010 of 114,353, the lowest two-day attendance was 2007 at Monmouth Park with only 69,584. This year it will be held at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, CA.
Are you gone to be one of the lucky people to attend this year’s Breeders’ Cup?
Breeders Cup Drink
Drink – The official drink of the Breeders’ Cup is called “Down the Stretch” here is how to make it if you aren’t going to be at Santa Anita this year.
1 ½ parts Grey Goose Original Vodka 2 parts Lemon Lime Soda
½ part Blue Curacao 1 squeeze Lemon Wedge
1 part Grenadine
Trophy – The winner will receive a replica bronze reproduction trophy of the Torrie Horse. A trophy is presented to the breeders, trainers, and jockey of each winning horse. This trophy is an ecorche, showing the muscles of these amazing athletics in detail. On display at the official host track, each year is the largest version of the trophy for attendants to see.
Flowers – Every winner of the Breeders’ Cup is given an Official Blanket Flower Garland. The Official Blanket Flower Garland is draped over the winner of each race and a photo is taken. Flower Garland is compress of Beauty Asters, Golden Asters, Cremons and Cattleya Orchids and created only by Ralphs Floral Design. Ralphs Floral Designs make 14 Flower Garlands each year and the flowers are only grown for the Breeders Cup Blanket Garlands.
Apparel – Dress code is business casual too casual for men, women, and children. Sundresses, capris or city shorts for women and summer slacks, non-denim shorts, summer button-downs, or polo shirts for men. HATS every big horse racing event dress code includes a fancy hat. So don’t forget to grab a fun casual hat for the big day.
GATES OPEN AND POST TIMES
Friday, November 4, 2016
- Parking Gates Open at 8:30 AM (PDT)
- Admission Gates Open at 9:00 AM (PDT)
- Betting Windows Open at 10:00 AM (PDT)
- First Post is 11:25 AM (PDT)
- Breeders’ Cup Races start at 6 Race 2:25 PM (PDT)
Saturday, November 5, 2016
- Parking Gates Open at 7:30 AM (PDT)
- Admission Gates Open at 8:00 AM (PDT)
- Betting Windows Open at 9:00 AM (PDT)
- First Post is 10:15 AM (PDT)
- Breeders’ Cup Races start at 4 Race 12:05 PM (PDT)
Make sure you get your wager in on your favorite Thoroughbred Horse before it’s too late.
The Breeders’ Cup Races at Santa Anita Park on November 4-5 is fast approaching with $28 million to be paid out in purses and awards.
The 33rd Breeders’ Cup World Championships, consisting of 13 Grade 1 races
Here are the schedules for both days.
Friday, November 4th kicks off four Breeders Cup races which include the following:
- Purse: $1,000,000, 1-Mile, Juvenile Turf race….. 2:25 PM PDT / 5:25 PM EDT
- Purse: $1,000,000, 1-Mile, Las Vegas Dirt race….. 3:05 PM PDT / 6:05 PM EDT
- Purse: $1,000,000, 1-Mile, Juvenile Fillies race….. 3:50 PM PDT / 6:50 PM EDT
- Purse: $2,000,000, 1-1/8 Mile, Longines Distaff race….. 4:35 PM PDT / 7:35 PM EDT
Saturday, November 5th kicks off nine Breeders Cup races which include the following:
- Purse: $2,000,000, 1-1/16 Mile, 14 Hands Winery Juvenile Fillies race….. 12:05 PM PDT / 3:05 PM EDT
- Purse: $2,000,000, 1-1/4 Mile, Filly & Mare Turf race….. 12:43 PM PDT / 3:43 PM EDT
- Purse: $1,000,000, 7 Furlong, Filly & Mare Sprint race….. 1:21 PM PDT / 4:21 PM EDT
- Purse: $1,000,000, 6-1/2 Furlong, Turf Sprint race….. 2:05 PM PDT / 5:05 PM EDT
- Purse: $2,000,000, 1-1/6 Mile, Sentinent Jet Juvenile race….. 2:43 PM PDT / 5:43 PM EDT
- Purse: $2,000,000, 1- Mile, Mile race….. 3:22 PM PDT / 6:22 PM EDT
- Purse: $1,500,000, 6 Furlong, TwinSpires Sprint race….. 4:01 PM PDT / 7:01 PM EDT
- Purse: $4,000,000, 1-1/2 Mile, Longines Turf race….. 4:40 PM PDT / 7:45 PM EDT
- Purse: $6,000,000, 1-1/4 Mile, Classic race….. 5:35 PM PDT / 8:35 PM EDT
So if there was ever a time to learn how to place Exotic Wagering the Breeders’ Cup races can be very rewarding. Here are some of 2015 Breeders’ Cup Generous payouts…….
Juvenile Turf = Payout for a Superfecta $15,166.20
Mile = Payout for a Superfecta $21,338.80
Just to name a few, check out other big payouts from the 2015 Breeders’ Cup!!!