The 2018 Breeders Cup Challenge Races start every year in January for the Breeders Cup World Championship Races in November.
On June 25 the Breeders Cup announced three (3) new North American races have been added to the Breeders Cup Challenge Races. They also added a Breeders Cup Race for Juveniles on turf, which is called Juvenile Turf Sprint on Friday’s schedule.
The three added races brings the total to Eighty-five (85) races for the 2018 Breeders Cup Challenge Races.
The 3 races that have been added are:
* TBD Stakes Race on October 6th at Santa Anita Park
* The Futurity on October 6th at Belmont Park
* Indian Summer Stakes on October 7th at Keeneland Racetrack
Keep track of the World’s Top Thoroughbreds as they battle it out in the Breeders’ Cup Challenge Series races. A horse that wins one of the 2018 Breeders Cup Challenge Races automatically earn a starting spot and a share of more than $30 million in purses and awards.
Below is an up-to-date spreadsheet on all of the 2018 Breeders Cup Challenge Races scheduled throughout October 2018.
To view the entire spreadsheet, please use the horizontal and vertical scroll bars to see all of the important information concerning each race.
Wager on the 2018 Breeders Cup Challenge Races from anywhere with Legal Wagering Sites.
Breeders Cup Challenge Races
The Challenge Races continue around the globe after a full week of exciting races at Royal Ascot Racecourse in the UK. The 2018 Breeders Cup Challenge Races extend through October of 2018.
There are two Breeders Cup Challenge Races left to close out the month of June.
- Saturday, June, 30th: Highlander Stakes (Turf Sprint Race) at Woodbine Racetrack, Race # 9
- Saturday, June, 30th: Princess Rooney Handicap (Filly & Mare Sprint Race) at Gulfstream Park, Race #12
- Curlin’s Approval is out to defend her title while attempting to become the first horse to win the Princess Rooney Handicap in consecutive years since Gold Mover accomplished it in 2002-03.
The 2018 Breeders’ Cup World Championships are held this year on November 2nd and 3rd at Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky. Get your tickets before it’s too late!
The 2018 Breeders’ Cup World Championship Races start on November 2nd with a total of (5) Championship Races. They continue on November 3rd with a total of (9) Championship Races. Here are the races scheduled for both days.